Thoughts On: Red Hot Chili Peppers @ the Staples Center
1. I associate the smell of weed with concerts. While this is to be expected and quite common at rock shows, I do believe the three 40 year olds sitting next to me were a little too old to be lighting up a bowl in a crowded and heavily guarded area.
2. Instead of the typical [boring] jumbotron shots that most nosebleed seat-goers are subjected to, RHCP was filmed using the over-saturated effect that rocked the ’90s. One thing I noticed was that this effect was mostly used on their previous hits vs. their newest album. On purpose? Or their subconscious way of differentiating? Either way, I absolutely loved it
3. One thing is for sure: Red Hot Chili Peppers have mellowed out with age. Listening to their early screamo songs, I’ve decided I don’t want to suck their dick but rather hump de bump.
4. Their encore left a lot to be desired. While an encore should leave the audience wanting more in the best possible way, their encore left me wanting more in an “I didn’t hear everything I wanted to” way.
4. No band can rock onesies, knee socks, handstands and choreographed jumping quite like the Red Hot Chili Peppers